Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2014
1 Red Kuri Squash (Hokkaido)
1 piece of Ginger (as big as a walnut)
3 cups Vegetable Stock
1 cup Cream
Pumpkin Spice (or cinnamon)
And that's how you do it:
1. Cut the squash into rough pieces. Peel off dark piece, but do NOT peel the whole squash.
2. Now peel the onion and potatoes and also cut them into rough pieces. The ginger also needs to be peeled but you grate it.
3. Heat some oil in a big pot and first fry the squash, onion and potato.
4. Now add the vegetable stock and ginger and let everything cook for about 25 Minutes.
5. When everything is mushy blend the vegetables with your hand blender.
6. Now you can spice the soup up. Add 1/2 cup of cream and spice it with salt, pepper and the pumpkin spice. You can find a recipe for homemade pumpkin spice here. If you do not have all the ingredients for the spice at home, just use simple cinnamon. I used one tablespoon. If the soup is to thick add some more vegetable stock, up to one cup.
7. When you serve the soup you need the rest of the cream. Fill the soup in a bowl and add to every bowl some cream. I also added some pumpernickel chips. The recipe for them you find here.