Montag, 7. Juli 2014

Quiche Lorraine

Because of Friday's game, Germany - France, I made a Quiche Lorraine. For the people who do not know I have some French influences, but Germany will still be my favorite of all time! 

Also today I want to introduce you to a new category. So many of my friends and family have told me, that they have recipes for the blog. That is why I decided to have a label that is called inspired food by friends and family. My mom is going to be the first person featured. She actually wanted me to make this quiche for Friday night and I thought it was a great idea to share the recipe. I hope you will all like it and maybe enjoy the quiche yourself in October with a glass of "Federweißer"!

You need for the dough:
200g/ 2cups Flour
100g/ 1/2cup soft Butter
50g/ 1.7 Oz Water
1/2 Tsp Salt

For the filling:
200g/1cup sliced bacon (for the veggie alternative you use the same amount of mushrooms)
200g/ 2cups shredded Cheese e.g. Gouda
3 Eggs
200g/ 1cup Cream
1/4 Tsp Pepper
2 pinches Salt
1 pinch Nutmeg


And that's how you do it:
Put all ingredients for the dough in a bowl and mix it up. I used a kitchen machine, but you can also do it with a handheld electric mixer.

Stir it until it is a homogeneous dough. Pre head the oven to 180° Celsius or 356° Fahrenheit.

Now butter your backing pan to avoid that your quiche will stick to it after backing. I used a special backing pan for quiches, but you can also you a springform pan, or any other as long as they are round.

Now put the dough in the pan. Make the dough go up the edges for about 2cm or 0.7 inches. Poke holes into the dough with a fork, so the dough will not blow up in the oven. After that you put it in the oven for about 15 min so it can prebake.

Now slice the mushrooms and put it on the bottom of the prebaked dough. Do the same if you make the quiche Lorraine with bacon.

Mix the remaining ingredients for the filling together and pour it over the bacon resp. over the mushrooms. Now put it back into the oven for about 35 mins.














Take it out when the dough is golden brownish and crispy. Now it is ready to be served with a nice cold glass of Federweißer!

Guten Appetit!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen